Pages

Saturday 7 May 2016

Yr 8 Leadership Camp!!!

As my partner Ashley and I hopped on to the bus we were so excited but we just tried to keep it cool. As everyone on the little bus waited for the teachers to take a seat we were finally off to camp. It was such a long ride to camp some people fell asleep. Uli was sitting across from me and I told the girls in the front to give me the camera to take a photo of him and once I had finished taking that photo he had woken up and everyone tried not to laugh but we all tried to act natural before he notices we took a photo of him. Another hour went by and Mrs Tele’a fell asleep right in front of me and I tried to take a photo of her with the camera but before I even pressed that button she had woken up like she knew we were gonna take a photo of her but luckily for me I was sitting behind her so she didn’t see me and I didn’t get in trouble.

Finally the last hour had went passed and we were finally at Marden point. As everyone hopped off the bus so excitedly we grabbed all the bags from the bus and put them on the deck. We also had to sit on the deck as well so Mrs Tele’a can have a quick talk with us and then she introduced us to Michael and Venetia who are the owners of the camp. Michael decided to show us around and the first place he showed us was the archery but as we got there it started pouring with rain. All of us ran as fast as we could to the hall and on our way there we picked up all the bags and chucked them in the hall before they get wet. We had another talk with Mrs Tele’a in the hall  then she told us to get our morning tea. After everyone ate up we went into the lounge to play some amazing activities. The first activity we played was that we had to blindfold the whole team but not the team leaders because the team leaders had to guide them through the obstacle course. I was the team leader for one tree point A and I found it really hard because I had to go back and forth to make sure my team doesn’t get out of line and to make sure they don’t hit anything. Later on that day we played more activities and one of the hard activity’s we did was that we had to tie our hands together and make fruit kebabs.  Before everyone went to sleep we had a choice to watch a movie or stay in the cabban and stayed in the cabban with some other girls and all we did was eat lollies which was fun.

The next day We finally got to do our activity’s. First we had breakfast then we had to go to the lounge to get the list of what activities we were going to do. First up was archery it and it was so much fun because we just kept on laughing at people who missed the target. Next up it was Fire pit and we did this with Ms Flavelle and we got to make cookies it was really fun and we got to do it by our selves.

Our next activity was FLYING FOX! The flying fox was so fun and I was so excited to go on it but once I climbed all those stares it was so scary but once I jumped off it was so much fun I just kept going on over and over again. And our last final activity was the WATER SLIDE!!! The water slide was so much fun I can't even explain how fun it was. Later on that day it was pasifika night and it was so much fun seeing everyone dance and just enjoying themselves I really enjoyed hanging out with you year 8's and I hope we can do it again some day.





Thank you so much teachers and parent's for coming 

along it was so fun and I hope we can do something 

like this again !!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment