Pages

Monday 14 September 2015

Cross Country

First the year 1's went to run and the year 7's were getting ready to run after the year 5's.Us girls we worming up, cheering for the younger kids. I was so nervous. When it was the year 5's to run it made me even more and more nervous.

After the year 5's ran it was time for the year 7 girls.I was so nervous to run but before we ran Mr Burt gathered all the year 7 girls and he told us when and what to do.As soon as Mr Burt said on your marks get set and he clapped the 2 woods together and all the girls ran their hardest.


As we were running I could hear people cheering and shouting peoples names and that made us girls happy and encouraging us to run faster. As soon as I ran past the black gates I was so tiered but I didn't stop I was power walking along with the other girls.


Finally I was up to my second lap and I was so happy because it was nearly over. I was running with some girls and we were trying our best and pacing ourselves too.But as I was running all I could think about is stopping but the girls I was running with reminded me about the korero which was champions never give up and that made us run faster.


Finally, I was running towards the finish line and as soon as it was over I went to drink some water and that made me feel so happy that it was over and I felt so proud.So when I was cooled down I started cheering for the rest of the girls and boys who were still running.




1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you for finishing with a smile on your face Koula! I would have loved to see you use a simile or metaphor to describe how nervous you were feeling before you race. Perhaps you can fix this for your other blog readers to enjoy! I was as nervous as a....

    ReplyDelete