Pages

Saturday 9 April 2016

Fiafia

It was Fiafia on Thursday night ( 7th April ) and it was the best night I have ever had at school. I really liked the idea of Fiafia night because the performances represent our cultures and we got a chance to show our family, friends and our community what we have learnt for the past few weeks. I had so much fun performing on stage and showing everyone what I have learnt. I was in Kapa Haka and the reason why I joined Kapa Haka was because I wanted to try something different instead of just joining the group of your culture. I was so excited to perform and also kind of nervous because my whole family was there to watch. Once my performance was finished the MC's announced the next group to go and perform and all I did when I was watching and waiting I tried my best to cheer and support that group.


 Once the MC's announced the senior Samoan group to go up and perform I was so excited for their performance because they were one of my favourites. As the music started they were on fire and like I said I was cheering and supporting them as they were dancing. In the middle of the Samoan performance I was cheering hard out for Raewen-Eve and Rowana and as I was cheering I saw their dad Moses Tui go up to the donation box with tears on his face. I felt sorry for the Tui family as they went up to the donation box because I saw some tears in their eyes and that's when I knew some of them were crying because a very special lady in their family had past away earlier this year and this very special lady was Raewen-Eve and Rowana's mum Priscilla, but I know that Pricsilla is still watching them from above even if she is not here to watch them in person. 


As the MC's went up on stage again it was the Tongan boys. As the Tongan boys went on stage I had already started cheering hard out before everyone else. The Tongan boys were also one of my favourite's because they were not embarrassed to show everyone what they've got and that's what I really liked about their performance. I liked all the performances because everyone worked and performed as a team and no-one was left out. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Koula I came to fiafia night and I mist half of the dances and today I was at stand whiches health camp and this weekend I am going to Ice skating on Saturday the 16 and thats why I didn't come to school.

    ReplyDelete