Pages

Monday 11 July 2016

Winter Learning Journey Activity 2

Hello, if you don't already know I am a blog post about Milo of Kroton because I am participating in the winter learning journey. If you don't know what Winter Learning Journey is it's for kids who have nothing to do in the holidays and this is for us kids to blog about these different activity's. Right now I am doing activity 2 and I have to right 3 interesting facts about Milo of Kroton.


Milo of Kroton was born over 2,00 years ago in ancient Greek colony of southern Italy, he won the Olympic wrestling championship six times between 540 BCE and 516 BCE. His strength is so great that once, when a building collapsed he supported the roof while his friends escaped safe and unharmed.


The story of how Milo got his strenth has been told for over 2,00 years. His farther gave him a bull calf for his son to raise each day his farther would ask Milo "How big is your bull today?" and Milo would run outside pick up the calf and carried it inside to show his farther. They would have that same routine everyday as the bull grew older and so did Milo's strength. 


Milo has also won seven crowns at the Pythian ganes at Delphi ( one as a boy ), ten at the isthmian games, and nine at the Nemean games. 

These are all the information I have about Milo of Kroton I hope you find something interesting about this I hope you enjoy the rest of your day and I will have more blog posts coming up to keep coming to my blog for more interesting facts about different things.




2 comments:

  1. Malo e lelei Losekoula,

    Wow! You have done an incredible job with this post. It is so detailed and full of interesting facts and information. I had no idea that Milo started carrying the calf on his shoulders as part of a discussion that he had started with his dad. You are teaching me quite a bit this holiday. Thanks!

    I hope that you are also enjoying the blogging programme. It's fabulous to have you join the team and contribute to our learning. I actually just read your blog to my son and he loved it. He asked if I could read him your other blogs as well!

    Keep up the great work, Koula!

    Cheers, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Losekoula,

    I really like the facts that you have chosen to include for this post. I am not entirely familiar with Milo's Olympic feats and his heroics, but I had never thought that he would have won a crown as a child!

    Keep it up!
    Iisa

    ReplyDelete