Pages

Monday 11 July 2016

Winter Learning Journey Weekly Activities

Hey Bloggers, as you can see I am doing a blog post in the school holidays and if you are wondering why am I doing a blog post in the school holidays instead of playing out side or watching t.v like a normal kid would do in the holidays then keep reading and I will tell you all about it. I am participating in this holiday blogging called Winter Learning Journey.

Question: Do you think women were not allowed to watch or compete in the Olympic games a fair rule or not? If so then why?


My Opinion Answer: I think this rule was made because men think that women are useless and that us girls could get hurt easily so they just wanna protect us from getting hurt. My personal opinion is that I think this rule was never made because I think that us girls can do what ever we want and that we have the exact same rights as the men. I also think that it's not a fair rule because girls could learn more like how men do but I am so glad that rule does not exist anymore because this kind of fitness help girls not just men.











3 comments:

  1. Hi Koula (is it okay if I use your nickname?),

    I completely agree with you! I think that girls/women can do anything that they put their minds to and should never feel limited or be excluded from events based solely on their gender. It doesn't seem fair. I am very happy to see that the modern day Olympic committee agrees with us and allows both men and women to compete together at the games.

    I am really excited to watch both our male and female athletes compete this year at the Rio Olympics. I will do my best to support all of our athletes by watching the televised coverage of the Olympics and cheering for everyone from New Zealand! Will you have the chance to watch any of the Olympic events on TV this year? Coverage of the games starts on 5 August...

    Cheers, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Losekoula!

    I am so sorry but for some reason my comments for you aren't appearing on your site. I feel just terrible because I have been reading your posts and sending you messages quite regularly. Sorry that they haven't appeared yet!

    Hopefully they will appear eventually. In the meantime, I just wanted to re-post my comment for this activity because I think that you have made a number of really important points. Like you, I definitely believe that girls are just as capable as boys of being strong and fit and able to compete at the Olympics. I often look to people like Valerie Adams and Lauren Boyle and know that, if they can do it, so can we!

    Go girls :)

    Keep up the great work, Losekoula. You are doing really well.

    Cheers, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stevenson,

    I really appreciate the thought and effort that you went to to write your response to this activity. It is certainly a difficult question and you clearly considered it carefully. I completely agree with you that women deserve respect and should be treated with care and love, although I do think that competing with men in events like wrestling may not have been a very safe idea.

    Keep it up!
    Iisa

    ReplyDelete